Have you ever felt like you were in a whirlwind situation where you were asked to do so many different tasks and dont know where to start? Well, you are not alone.Each and every day, Administrative Assistants alike face these challenges from either one or more Managers. The question is, How do I prioritize and organize my tasks?
Here are some basic steps you can take to handle these types of situations:
- Take about 5 10 minutes to write up a plan of what tasks you have to complete (you can also do this on your Microsoft Outlook Task bar).
- Place a number beside each task, in the order from 1 being most important to the last number, being least important.
- Take the most important task and (this is the important part), only focus on that task (with the exception of someone coming to you, phone calls, etc.)
- If you do get distracted, finish up what you are doing and then focus on the last task that was on your sheet.
- Make sure to put a check mark beside each task as you complete it this will help you realize how much you have accomplished (in a shorter period of time than you thought).
Once you have completed all of your tasks, lavish in the fact that you are done!
And remember, always break down your entire project or tasks into manageable chunks. Before you know it, you will be surprised of how quickly you are able to complete each manageable chunk.
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please feel free to click on the “comments” link below and leave some feedback.
Until next time,
Take care of your clutter!